Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

On 11/02/2018 1:16 AM, Linda Masterson wrote:
For those of you that have a problem with this thread and my posts
please ignore them. If you don't like what keyboard or wire that I use
get over it. I have my reasons and there are many and I didn't feel
necessary to explain all of the reasons why.

With that said, I am an active professional musician and I record, mix
and master with great results.

Sorry if this post is coming off arrogant but rec.audio.pro has
beautiful minds but where is the heart that most forums have now?

I have been in this business for decades and have had everything from
pianos, Juno 106, DX21, 7, M1, Kurzweil 2500, GigaDaws, and on and on
and on throughout the years.

This keyboard is great for traveling/touring with the built in speakers
and the low wattage needed with even batteries if I wanted to. There is
also a full panoply of sampled sounds that sound great to my ears which
I trust based on all of the keyboards that I have owned. I would post
some of my music but you haters would find something to complain about
and I would then prefer to just be anonymous.

For those that cannot read I asked in my first post to not denigrate me
for using a consumer keyboard and heaven forbid using star quad cable
which allows me to split the main conductors and ground easily and I had
the wire readily available; Markertek has been my friend for two decades.

This toy has nothing wrong with it and the power supply is fine. Like I
said before I was cranking the gains and noticed a tad bit more noise
with the TRS to the XLR splits. I am highly sensitive and allergic to
noise but love tape. I bought a Livewire cable from GC with 1/4 inch
connectors and everything was *fine* except it is 9 feet and I cannot
get anything local within a week and I need around 12-14 feet.

I have soldered many times before and it isn't always pretty and usually
butt ugly. Today I soldered some instrument cables, balanced
interconnects, and then this beast which I was clueless to but my
soldering was my best ever. Thanks Mike I needed grounds on both even
though the power supply isn't grounded and I appreciate your offer Scott
for some cable.

I have my limitations on what I can do like all of us but I also have
owned a half dozen Fender tube amps for you tube snobs along with the
Fender Floor and Fender Mustangs for you emulation snobs ;-)

I own a solder sucker and have fixed circuit boards on SS Fender amps.

I own around 40 plus Universal Audio plugins and can get professional
results in my studio with the computers I build.

I think I am having a me too moment (private joke and most of you men
that do not read will not understand) ;-)

There is nothing wrong with this keyboard or its power supply and I have
no idea where this was picked up and no pun intended. Again, I said my
gain staging was *cranked* and there was more noticeable noise with the
cables I was using. Problem fixed and I have learned a lot from all of
you and the great engineering minds that exist on this forum.

For those that have chimed in I truly appreciate it and sorry for this
rant; it is very late for me. I will refrain from asking the stupid
questions and just stay stupid.

Have a great day and weekend everyone and sorry for my bother.

Peace out!

Linda,

No problems with you, your posts, your instruments, or whatever. The
only thing is that you may be attributing there perceived problem to the
wrong cause. We are trying to help find the right cause.

I guess if you try everything suggested, that may help narrow things
down. And if none of those find the problem, then that leaves one thing.
Or maybe another thing that nobody has thought of yet.

geoff