Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Star Quad Cable Wiring (Canare)

On 2/9/2018 2:42 PM, Linda Masterson wrote:
On the TRS end, connect the two blue wires to the tip, connect the

two white wires to the sleeve,* On the T-S end, connect the two blue
wires to the tip of one plug and the two white wires to the tip of the
other plug. Connect the sleeve to the sleeve of one plug.

Mike, I think you meant to write *ring* and not *sleeve*....... On the
TRS end, connect the two blue wires to the tip, connect the two white
wires to the sleeve ,* On the T-S end, connect the two blue wires to
the tip of one plug and the two white wires to the tip of the other
plug. Connect the sleeve to the sleeve of one plug.

Yes, you're correct. And also, I meant connect the SHIELD to the sleeve
(on both the TRS plug and one of the TS plugs). I make that mistake a
lot, but even when I don't proofread and make a correction, people seem
to figure it out anyway. It's the only thing that makes sense when
you're using a pair of wires as a single wire.