John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Allison[_3_] View Post
"John L Stewart"

Phil has shown us that the harmonic content of the amp he has for repair
varies quite a bit as the power level is changed.

** Duh !! The percentage goes up with output level.

You cannot stop paraphrasing a false characterising - can you ?

I would not depend on
curvature correction as a cure for amp distortion.

** Pompous bull**** and a classic " straw man " fallacy.

The THD may go down
but what about the higher order harmonics & IM?

** Converting a lot of 2H into a small amount of 3H can only be good.

It has been shown by many tests that these are the objectionable
components in the reproduced
sound.

** Blah, blah, blah....

Another ****wit "straw man" fallacy.

10% 2H distortion ( as seen with many SET amps) represents a HUGE amount
of IM with a complex wave - maybe as much as 50%.

Reduces music to purest mud.

..... Phil
As always, Phil is the contrarian. Hey Phil, I tried to send you a copy of the curvature correction stuff I found but the address I had for you at tpg.com.au no longer worked. Pls send your new address direct to me at-

johnnhelen4 at gmail dot com

And I will pass it along for your inspection & comments.

Cheers, Jojm
Attached Images