Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson John Atkinson is offline

Default Audio restoration

On Feb 9, 5:01 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
Some audio restoration types have been discussing this product on rmcr
(the classical recordings group) for use with historical recordings:
http://www.har-bal.com/

The concept presented in the tutorial seems over-simplistic.

Aside from the philosophical problem of using a modern recording as a
reference, some of the results have been quite interesting and
apparently quicker and easier to perform than the traditional method.
Any thoughts?

Given the uniformly dreadful sound quality of modern rock
recordings, which are mastered so that all frequency bins
are full all the time, I have my doubts. Regarding classical,
I still have my doubts.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile