Bob Cain

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

Relative motion as we usually think of it is just the DC
component of the soundfield created by the Tx.

But for our purposes wouldn't it be a better model to
think of the relative motion as a separate thing, and
outside of the Tx and Rx soundfields?

I don't thing so because it is a general phenomenon and
where people have gotten into trouble with it is precisely
for thinking there is something intrinsically definitive
about constant motion and then erroneously applying that
simplified special case solution to the more general case.

Within those soundfields, especially if they're rigidly
coupled, nothing interesting happens.

Yes.

Yeah, this is the part that Scott calls reciprocity failure.
It's a photographer's pun, but it works.

Yeah, I like the intuitive feel it gives while at the same
time being accurate, which as we've just found out is not
true in general with intuition.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein