Scott Dorsey

In article 0vXme.26061$on1.9735@clgrps13,
Lorin David Schultz wrote:
"perso" wrote:

but i'm sure Windows won't be future of DAW applications.
for toys ok ... but not for pros applis.

Bzzt. You lose. I make my living with Pro Tools on a Windows machine.
With that particular application it's actually more stable than our Mac.

What is really sad about all of this stuff is that the operating systems
that _do_ really provide actual realtime functions to build a DAW around
are pretty much dead. Stuff like BeOS and pSOS just will never have the
market share that they deserve and there will never be enough of an
installed base for serious DAW development on them. Which is a shame, since
it would be nice to have the OS be your friend and not your enemy for
realtime work.