Mike Rivers

In article writes:

The best cheap interface is the Edirol UM-1 IMHO. Should be around
$40-50. 1 in and 1 out. I also use the M-Audio/MIDIMan MIDIsport 2x2.

I have one of those. I don't know if it's the best, but how "best"
does it have to be? It works with every computer I plug it in to, I'm
using the drivers that were current when I bought it (about 2 years
ago) and it's never annoyed me. I suspect that a multi-port interface
will be more complicated, but Roland (the parent company of Edirol)
has been doing this for a long time and knows how to do it right.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )