Posted to rec.audio.pro
duty-honor-country duty-honor-country is offline

Default ATTENTION: ARNIE KREUGER-evaluate this BIC T-4M cassette deck 3.75 IPS

On Mar 27, 4:57 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
RDOGuy wrote:
I've always wondered what might have happened if Norelco's engineers
had realized the potential of the format during the design stage.
They might have made different design decisions that could have
extended the life of the format in the marketplace.

I doubt it. In spite of being a low grade dictation format, it had
an enormously long run in the marketplace. Nearly forty years,
for a short while even being the dominant release format thanks to
the Walkman. I can't imagine beating that, no matter how much better
engineered it was.

In spite of being arguably the worst release format ever (slightly edging
out the styrene injection-molded 45 for that spot in history), it just
kept going on, and on, and on.

it should have been 3.75 IPS from day one