---MIKE---

Default Active EQ and mic placement

NYOB wrote:

According to Tom Nousaine's research
having subs on opposite sides of the
room is a bad idea, and in all cases
they should be in a corner. Not doing
so reduces the gain from having 2
drivers from the normal 6 dB to 4.5 dB.

With all due respect to Tom Nousaine's research, every room is unique.
I placed one of my subs at my listening position and checked a number of
positions with a meter while playing a low bass frequency. The best
position was the sides. Putting the subs in the corners created a mid
bass boom that could not be equalized out. I realize that the AR3 won't
go as low as a powered sub but I am mainly interested in the low end of
a symphony orchestra which for all practical purposes is about 32 hz -
assuming the use of a five string bass. I have been "playing" with this
room for 15 years and the sub positions I am using offer the best bass
that I have been able to get.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')