---MIKE---

Default Active EQ and mic placement

NYOB asked:

How many subwoofers are you using?
Are you speaking of multiple drivers or
of actual subs in cabinets?

On the left side of the room I have a Definitive Technology 15" sub and
a Velodyne 12" sub (fed from the left channel. On the right side I have
two old AR3s (mid and high disconnected) plus a damaged Velodyne (woofer
is OK but the amp is toast) fed from the right channel through an Apt 1
amplifier. The room is 22' X 30' with an 18 foot cathedral ceiling.
All the subs are fed through networks that limit the bass to frequencies
below 100 hZ. My main speakers are DBX Soundfield Ones that have the
bass slider on the control unit set at minimum. The room tends to be
boomy in the low mid bass and corner placement of the subs makes this
worse so the subs are placed about mid way along the side walls.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')