Roger W. Norman

And I only have me to contend with as far as my diatribes and my heart.
Somehow, I don't feel like I've been a negative, but then again, I'm not in
a position to judge.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"5016" wrote in message
om...

From: Steve Jorgensen
am
Date: 7/1/2004 1:04 AM Central Daylight Time
I'm not a huge participant around here, but I think I speak for a lot

of us
when I say - give it a damn rest already.

If you like arguing politics, there are many good newsgroups to do it

in. I
know artistic types tend to be opinionated, and can't resist a little
politicalizing amongst others of similar creative interest, but when we

have
OT forks back to the root from threads that were off topic to begin

with,
things are more than a little out of hand.

Sorry if I'm out of place, being an irregular here and all - just my

2c.

I notice it only becomes a big problem when a pro-conservative point of

view is
put forth, backed up by facts. That's when the loonies really trip over
themselves to not address the facts and start attacking the messenger.

My
"Michael Moore Hates America" thread is a perfect example of this.

I didn't look at "your" thread, but I guess you are saying that you
started a thread called "Michael Moore Hates America", and you are now
complaining that people responded to it? You carry out an obvious
troll, with an obvious troll-name, and then complain about responses?

Somehow or another, it seems to be okay to post anti-Bush **** in this
newsgroup, though. It's like watching a bunch of little girls on the

playground
ganging up on one girl they don't like. Yes, this is a newsgroup of
professionals alright.

Why would someone be more professional because they are right-wing
than because they are left-wing? The music industry, and all arts
industries, are more left-wing than they are right, just like
accountancy firms are more right-wing. That doesn't make them more (or
less) professional.

I am somewhat surprised that people who wanted a career in audio would
spout their right-wing rhetoric constantly. Spouting any kind of
rhetoric constantly makes you less likely to be hired (I don't think
that either Will Miho or Roger Norman are getting hired by, say, CBS,
anytime soon) but spouting right wing rhetoric is probably worse for a
career in the audio industry. Anyone who thinks about it realizes that
offending the 80% of people in the music industry who are left-wing is
not a good thing if that is where you want to spend your career.
People expect you to have your own views, but not to ram them down
everybody else's throat. Look how quick Fletcher was to qualify his
views after saying that he was a Republican.

I wouldn't pass any business to one of the right-wing trolls in this
group. Quite apart from anything else, they seem like hateful people,
and they don't have much to do at work. This applies to the trolls
like yourself and Will, not to right-wingers in general.

Dorsey and Rivers are two I rarely, if ever see participating in those

threads.

They both have real jobs in audio, and write for magazines, and it is
not in their interest to offend sections of the industry. Miho works
for Fox News, who would be OK with the content of his posts (well,
maybe not, if they knew that he had time to make 304 posts last June.
couldn't they apply the free market and find someone who didn't make
15 bull**** posts every working day?), and you don't have a real job,
so have nothing to be concerned about.