Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Amar Bose dead at 83

"Kaie Fabiaen"

"Phil Allison"

Then Bose released the 360wpc 1800/1801 amplifier ( an OEM product for
sure)
which weighed 80 pounds - so THAT evil monster stayed put.

That amp worked all day and all of the night...

** Except when it didn't.

I was a Bose repair guy back then,

** I must have seen dozens of them go across my bench - most with the same
stupid fault.

still have the schematic, and
the only thing that flunked out were the LEDs.

** Not true at all.

2kohm, 3W resistors in the supply to the 15Vzeners ( for the op-amp)
constantly burnt and sent the amp DC.

Then there were the 4.7 ohm, 10W ones in the AC supply that regularly blew
open at switch on an stopped the amp dead.

Plus failed output transistors and a host of co-lateral damage.

Then there was the PM2 powered mixer - wot a heap.

.... Phil