Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Muck Krieger Muck Krieger is offline

Default Amar Bose dead at 83

Phil Allison wrote:

** MIT's most famous audio guru has passed.

Anyway, R.I.P. Amar - we had lots of fun with your attitude.

Amar and his infamous BOSE Corporation were responsible for some of the
most egregiously wrong headed audio drivel and absurd loudspeakers ever to
be misconstrued as clever and inventive.

At audio-shows here in Europe, there is often told from an event at the
CES in the 1970ies ... Paul Klipsch sees Mr Bose entering the big hall,
and he adresses him with the words "Hey Amar, are you still building
these weird speakers?" ... and Amar turns around and shouts into the
corner "Yes, of course, Paul!"

Keep on rocking,

Mu-delurking-ck