Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default TRRS to 1/4inch adapter for headphones

On 1/04/2018 11:22 AM, wrote:
Hello Group, its been a while,
I bought a pair of Bose in ear headphones with a trrs 3.5mm Mini jack designed to use with Apple products, they sound amazing ! I would love to use them for recording headphones, I use a Focusrite 2i2 interface which has a standard 1/4 inch headphone socket, I tried using a regular 3.5mm to 1/4 stereo adapter but it didnt work correctly, I also tried a 3.5mm to mono 1/4 inch but that didnt work either, I cant find a trrs adapter, is there such a thing ? Thanks -rob

You will need an adaptor that bridges the sleeve and adjacent ring.
Easiest to wire your own little cable adaptor to either bridge those
two contacts, or bring the innermost ring of the Bose TRRS to the sleeve
on the 'conventional device' side, leaving the Bose sleeve floating.

But are they really that great ? At least they are headphones that you
are very familiar with....

geoff