Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default TRRS to 1/4inch adapter for headphones

Hello Group, it=E2=80=99s been a while,
I bought a pair of Bose in ear headphones with a trrs 3.5mm Mini jack desig=
ned to use with Apple products, they sound amazing ! I would love to use th=
em for recording headphones, I use a Focusrite 2i2 interface which has a st=
andard 1/4 inch headphone socket, I tried using a regular 3.5mm to 1/4 ster=
eo adapter but it didn=E2=80=99t work correctly, I also tried a 3.5mm to mo=
no 1/4 inch but that didn=E2=80=99t work either, I can=E2=80=99t find a trr=
s adapter, is there such a thing ? Thanks -rob=20

Markertek has pigtail cables with a male 3.5 TRRS connector out to various
connectors, but none with a female 3.5 TRRS.

They'd probably make you a breakout cable like that as a custom item, might
not be too expensive. You'd need to specify that you want Apple pinout though
and not either of the other two popular pinouts.

You see stuff like this online:
https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-.../dp/B00N03ZYUU
but with no information about which TRRS pinout it was for. So I'd stick
with a place like Markertek where you can see schematics of everything.