Eddie Runner

Default Baffle with Bull**** !! Subwoofer direction

Nousaine wrote:

You seem to be making this up as you go along Eddie.

Please point out what I *made up* instead of just making generalized comments to
attempt to make me look bad.....

----- irrelevant crap about Toms dick ,....ER, CORVETTE snipped out-----

It's also well known that pressure effects begin below the frequency of the
lowest axial mode in any given space (which is 60 hz in this car and 26 Hz in a
22-foot long listening room.)

My CARTOON example doesnt have an AXIAL MODE does it Tom???
(or are you just using the big words so the kiddies cant follow you)....

I used to work with a salesman that used big words so customers would
think he was smart, he had no idea what the big sceintific words meant...
ha ha (his name also was Tom)

If ya dont know, baffle em with bull**** he used to say.... ha ha ha

One can see from the graphs that providing the
speaker has adequate displacement I get nearly 30 dB of low frequency
reinforcement at 8 Hz.

Did you send GRAPHS??? Or are these just in your head???
I didnt see any graphs???
Did you pick the wrong day to stop sniffin glue????

Pressure gain is harder to realize in a larger space such as a living room
because it begins at a lower frequency and the space itself requires much more
speaker displacement to energize. There is also more low frequency absorption
in a larger space especially with stick-frame construction.

I think your confused on the definition of a pressure wave.... I tried to
explain it to you earlier.... when you do have real pressurization from soundwaves
the listeining area HAS TO BE very small in relation to the wavelength...
Prolly wont hapen in your living room!

Now you can put your 1/8 wavelength back in your butt Eddie.

Like I said, you dont understand what constitutes a pressure wave...

By MY definition, it would be where instead of a wave moving though
the listining area, with discernable parts of the waves PHASE measurable,
the whole listening area would appear to pressureize and depressurize as
one....

In other words, a wave moves through the listening area, you can have points
where the pressure rises while having other points where the pressure is falling!

A pressure field would be when EVERYWHERE in the listening area is
close to being THE SAME PHASE and the whole place pressurizes at once and
depressurizes at once.....

At least I DEFINE things...
Helps the kiddos follow the action....

ha ha