Eddie Runner

Default Subwoofer direction

Nousaine wrote:

the little CARTOONS are so that ANYONE can understand it...

Except, apparently, you. The 'waves' you draw in the car are of such a length
that they cannot be of low bass frequency unless that car were 20-30 ft long.

1st off.... The if you read my article a little more closely the waves and
distances
I used to write MY article are at 60Hz.... Here is a link to my paper again in
case you have forgotten and since you obviously need to read it again
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming.html

2nd.... A self proclaimed AUDIO GURU such as yourself should know that
a 20 or 30 ft wave as you suggest above would be about 37Hz to 55Hz if
your here on planet earth with the rest of us, but you keep rfering to 60Hz
which is only about 18ft.....

3rd... And this is where I would guess your off track in your theories...For
a standing wave to occur the whole wave (18ft at 60Hz) doesnt need to be
stretched out to a full 18 ft like you seem to be saying... A reflection can
come back on itself and create a standing wave in as little as 1/4 wavelength
(4.7ft).... So while your spouting the HUGE 20-30ft wavelengths (as you
did above) trying to justify your position, your ignoring (or just dont know)
about the facts that standing waves occur in as little as 1/4 wavelength (and
even shorter is possible in complex reflective situations like A CAR).....

You might consider starting with some understanding about acoustics yourself
before trying to teach others.

ha ha
Jeez Tom,
its so funny how most of these folks on here that have read my article
feel like they have gotten something from it.... Its funny how the results I
say that will get DOES HAPPEN and you still say IT CANT WORK...
ha ha
It cracks me up....
Who elected you GURU anyway???

you make this **** up so the magazines can PAY YOU!! ha ha ha

Eddie; that's why I publish things in the magazines and elesewhere.

For the PAY not for the ACCURACY!
Yes thats obvious......

Have you
given papers at AES Conventions?

Tom, I hate to dissapoint you but I was an AES member back in 1982...

I have. Do you own and operate a computer
based acoustical measurement system? I do.

Yes I have the LMS system, and I have been around audio test equipment
for well over 30years.....I was writing computer software pertaining to
loudspeaker measurement well back into the early 80s on Apple II and
Atari computers before there were affordable PCs as we know them today..

(and you thinkIM just a catrtoonist...)
ha ha ha

Every kid on here knows your full of ****!
ha ha

The only thing that happens when you face the driver away from the front of the
car is that you sharpen the low pass filter effect and keep fewer mids and
highs from a straight shot at the front.

There will be 100 folks on here that will tell you THATS NOT TRUE!
Yes, I agree thats one thing that might happen, but thats NOT why folks
turn the box backwards! Heck they even turn it backwards if they have
a backseat blocking (filtering) the highs and mids...

It is true that many woofer systems,
if not seriously low passed, have terrific IM and AM modulation of higher
frequencies and facing the woofer away will help ameliorate that effect but its
not a bass issue.

IT IS A BASS ISSUE!

If you have some real data to share please feel free to put it on the table.

I have!
Your the one thats ALL MOUTH and no show!

And you still say it DOESNT HAPPEN???
ha ha ha

So; you want to argue or do you want to put some data on the table?

there are 100 kids on here (and yes some adults as well) that have cars
with this phenomenon that you say DOESNT HAPPEN....
I would say they are on the table....

You still say IT DOESNT HAPPEN!
ha ha ha

I'm guessing that Eddie is more comfortable calling names. That's alot easier
than looking at a problem/issue rationally and investigating it with real test
equipment.

I think we have discussed this in the past Tom, YOU NEVER
PUT UP anything so when your ready with the tech stuff BRING IT ON...

ha ha
Eddie Runner