Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] electronic_dave@hotmail.com is offline

Default Motu Ultralight - Audio Buddy

Any issues of sound quality aside, don't plan on using the A.B. with
mics that require 48VDC phantom, because the A.B.'s phantom supply
folds up like a cheap camera when you try to draw any current from it.

I know this because someone gave me an A.B. a couple of years ago, and
during the course of "just for laughs" testing I found that the
phantom voltage drops significantly as soon as any current is drawn. I
put it on the shelf at that point and did no further testing.

--NewYorkDave

On Mar 8, 7:49 pm, "Danielle E" wrote:
I keep seeing the Guitar Center $99 deal with 2 MXL mikes and the audio
buddy.

Can anyone tell me how the audio buddy preamp compares with the preamps
built in to my Motu Ultralight?

Thanks in advance

Danielle