Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Motu Ultralight - Audio Buddy

On Mar 8, 8:44 pm, "Danielle E" wrote:
I was thinking I could might be able to connect the Audio Buddy Outputs to
two of my currently unused line inputs on the Ultralight. (I am just not
sure how that would compare to using the built in Motu Ultralight microphone
preamps.

Not sure what would give me inferior results, equal or better.

I suspect that it would be equal or less, not better, but there's only
one way to tell, and that's to compare it yourself. Buy one, hook it
up, and if you don't like it, return it. Given that this is Guitar
Center and they don't like to take back mics, leave the mics there,
and if you like it enough to keep it, come back and pick up your free
mics. Or if you really want to have a little fun, take the mics and
preamp, and if you want to take it back, tell them that you're
returning the preamp, but you'll keep the mics if they don't want them
back, since they're essentially free. (and hope they don't tell you
that you bought the mics and the preamp was free)