Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Motu Ultralight - Audio Buddy

On Mar 8, 7:49 pm, "Danielle E" wrote:
I keep seeing the Guitar Center $99 deal with 2 MXL mikes and the audio
buddy.

Can anyone tell me how the audio buddy preamp compares with the preamps
built in to my Motu Ultralight?

What do you expect for free? (Guitar Center regularly sells that mic
pair for $99) The Audio Buddy is a very basic preamp designed to
connect a microphone to a computer sound card and get better
performance than the sound card's mic input (if it even has one).

But one very important difference is that the Ultralight contains the
audio interface to the computer, but the Audio Buddy is just a preamp.
You need a sound card to connect it to.