Mark Zarella

Default Clean Power?

Honestly, I don't know. ESX amps are fairly cheap for what they deliver. I
have never used one myself, but Robert Zed's gear has never disappointed

me
yet, I've always liked his early HiFonics gear.

They're well built and versatile. Extensive crossover controls. They
easily do their rated output. And I've never had one shut down on me yet.
Some in here have not been impressed with their reliability, but I've dealt
with almost 10 ESX amps and have never had one fail. Take it for what it's
worth.

Why would I want to do that? That's awfully messy. Can you seriously
provide another alternative? I don't know of any other unit that would

have
done what I wanted for a lower price.

Well maybe when used on tweeters or mids there is nothing wrong with

Jensen,
but powering subwoofers they sound crappy and if you get silly enough to

run
one at two ohms, you might get 30 minutes out of it, if lucky before it

goes
thermo.

I agree with that. There has always been issues of them shutting down, much
moreso in their amps from the early to mid 90's than in their newer ones
though.

It seems that you are looking at the amp's specs and over looking the
real test. Fire up a Jensen and check it out for yourself compared to say

your
ESX. If you still disagree, I'll trade you my Jensen for your ESX and I'll
even go as far as throwing in a free profile amp for wasting your time.

No, the ESX is a better amp for a number of reasons. Flexibility,
reliability, crossover controls, power output (I don't know of a Jensen amp
that outputs 600 watts into a single channel, despite the ratings). I think
you're missing the point of my post.