Soundfreak03

Default Amps, more argument!

So your saying that if everybody in the world had 12" MTX 8000 subs and
nobodys amp was clipping, everybodys system would be exactly the same
sound quality wise?

No. Car type, box type, crossover points, installation and all of the other
things that factor into SQ would play a role.

I've had about 5 or 6 different amps, and that was the only amp that
ran notes together. Now how could I notice that if all of them sounded
the same? Even at low volume.

Your really stuck on this low volume thing. It does not matter the volume as
long as it is not clipping. Though we often will percieve louder as better.

The way it sounds normally is gross, if it ever
clips, basslines would sound like a sharp fart. Lows with the Digitalis
could barely be felt. On the other hand my MTX and Tantrum move my
seats and dangle my my rearview ornament.

Everything you are saying was likely the result of a volume difference. SQ is
not was moves your seats and dangles ornaments.

I wish you and I lived close. I'd litteraly bet you $1000 that if I let
you hook the amps up, adjust the gains, and listen to the sub yourself,
the sub would sound Totally different when you switch amps.

I wish you did too because I wouldn't mind having an extra $1000.
No matter if nobody agrees with me, I know, without clipping,
amplifiers can sound different then the next. I've experienced it for
myself. This topic is crazy

Any data I have seen would suggest different. The nature of physics suggests
different. You tell me how amps whose differences, in all ways, are less than
what we can even hear sound different? The factors that would be associated
with notes running together, and tightness are just not factors in modern
amplifier design.
And here is the point of this whole thing. Forget about the SQ of an amplifier.
There are more important things to consider for an amp, and there are factors
that contribute way more to the SQ of your system. Noobs just seem to get hung
up on this and forget about the rest of it, and yes Will you are included in
that.

Les