Eddie Runner

Default I know how installers work

Mark Zarella wrote:

Your not out in the bays!! No wonder you dont see it!!

You don't see it because you ARE in the bays. You have an obvious bias and
see things from an entirely different point of view. You think it's ok that
installers charge people for things and don't even do the work as promised,
simply because it makes the installer's life easier or gives him the power
trip that you think you deserve. Well that's great for you, but try to pull
that crap in a lot of other industries and it won't fly.

That post by you right there proves my point...

If an installer does not connect with the customer, if the custoemr
leaves unhappy, then the shop will probably die and go away....

This biz doesnt have a huge profit margin, we pretty much need to
make all of our customers happy and keep them all telling others
what a good experience they had at our store...

The shops that dont do this will usually go away.....

Even the good shops have to scrimp to make it sometimes, so the
bad shops have a much harder time financially (all other things being
equal)...

There are some places that charge for parts they dont even use!
(a large chain comes to mind and thats part of how they compansate for FREE
installs)
To me thats a RIP OFF!!
There are rippoffs in every type of biz thoough....

Hopefully the bad guys will go away and the good guys will prevail...

Eddie