Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default 7.2 A/V _Preamp_

On 29/10/2017 12:23 AM, Randy Yates wrote:
geoff writes:

On 5/08/2017 7:59 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 5/08/2017 11:54 AM, Randy Yates wrote:
Wow, active group these days....

Yep not too active, but probably a few like me who saw your post and
have no idea of any devices that fit your requirements. I can only
say I'd agree with your comment, "a bit of a rare bird". Probably
not a big enough market. Most people just buy a sound bar these
days, or a full HT receiver.

As I found. Needed a sound-bar because these latest ultra-thin TV seem
to have sound so tinny that it is pretty much unlistenable. And
firing up the stereo hook-up is too much hassle for 'everyday'
viewing. I save the stereo for 'special ' events.

But 7.2 , why ? Why not 11-6 or 15.9 ? Or maybe just 8 for real 3D.

Because that's the current standard? Except for this Dolby Atmos thingie
now.

Seems to be a new 'standard' every year or so.

geoff