Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Anything to say on Speakons

On 22/07/2020 11:54 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 7/21/2020 7:43 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:

** One word -*microphones*.

Oh, yeah. I guess I was distracted when the discussion drifted away from
SpeakOn connectors. Those can be used for balanced or unbalanced
connections, but nobody really thinks about them that way. They're
connectors that

(a) are (at least so far unique to loudspeakers so you won't mistakenly
plug a cable from a microphone into a loudspeaker and wonder why it's
not working, and

I always shudder when I see a speaker with XLRs, and more-so with an amp
with XLR outputs.

a - because of the potential for equipment disaster.
b - with the confusion when scrambling for the appropriate cable.

geoff