Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anything to say on Speakons

On 7/21/2020 7:43 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:

** One word -*microphones*.

Oh, yeah. I guess I was distracted when the discussion drifted away from
SpeakOn connectors. Those can be used for balanced or unbalanced
connections, but nobody really thinks about them that way. They're
connectors that

(a) are (at least so far unique to loudspeakers so you won't mistakenly
plug a cable from a microphone into a loudspeaker and wonder why it's
not working, and

(b) are robust enough not to pull apart as easily as many other
connectors, and

(c) there's a standard wiring convention for them (including signal
polarity) that's more positive than red and black banana plugs