Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anything to say on Speakons

Tatonik wrote:

I'm planning on terminating some speaker cables with Speakon connectors.
Â*I've plugged in Speakons a few times, but never built any cables with
them.Â* In addition to the Neutrik brand, I noticed Amphenol has their
own version (slightly more expensive).Â* Is there any reason to pick one
over the other (or any other brand I don't know about), in regard to
quality or ease of wiring or general use?

I'm surprised this style of connector hasn't caught on in high-end home
audio.Â* The basic design seems so much safer and more secure than
anything else I've encountered.

Speakons all but preclude daisy-chaining unless it's provided for on the
panel ( or you make a box ). That's the only real downside and it might
be that big of one.

--
Les Cargill