Posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default CD Burner Recommendation

On 02/07/2020 10:30 pm, Les Cargill wrote:
Jason wrote:
Computers for sale now usually do not come with a CD drive.
One I purchased recently didn't even offer it as an option.
I burn more CD's than I read. In the old days, Plextor drives
earned the best reviews. I had one, and Exact Audio Copy
almost always reported no errors on CD's I made on quality
blanks...not quite so good on generics from Office Depot/Staples.
"No errors" was an acceptance criterion for some of the duplication
services I sent them to.

What's best these days? I still have many requests to create
CD's, mostly from the musicians who performed on the recordings.

I'd discover torrents. I send a board tape I'd made in 1985 to
a bandmate from then using torrents.

I suppose I'm looking for something external since there
are no bays in new machines like the one I bought

I recently built a machine and it has an ASUS but I just realized I have not yet
burned a CD on it.

--
Les Cargill

Check out the external USB CD drives.