Bob Masta

On 20 Aug 2004 23:55:14 -0700, (Bob Jones)
wrote:

(Applian) wrote in message om...
Replay Radio 5.1 has a new Enhanced Sound Card Driver option, which
lets you record using almost any sound card.

Thanks. Tried it, and it didn't work.

The SB AWE64 Value is supposed to be capable of full-duplex, as long
as you don't try to compress the audio. I've tried several programs,
including the much-recommended Total Recorder, without any success.

I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems with this card?

If you have the ISA-bus AWE64, please note that its full-duplex
operation requires one direction to be 8-bits and one to be 16-bits.
This is due to the dedicated use of high and low DMA channels
for transfers. As far as I know, the only ISA-bus Sound Blaster
cards that can do full-duplex with 16-bits in both directions are
the ViBRA 16X series CT4170, 4171, etc. These use the
decidedly-strange approach of using two 8-bit DMA channels
and doing double transfers to get 16-bit operation. It's a
special mode just for this series; other models don't allow it.

However, I think there are also PCI cards that reused the
AWE64 name. I don't know if they have the the same
limitations as the ISA-bus models. Creative Labs has
always been a little over-the-top with model names and
features, so you can never infer too much from the names.

Hope this helps!

Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom

D A Q A R T A