Posted to rec.audio.car
Nick and Tina Nick and Tina is offline

Default Carver amp question

Carver is still around I thought. They are located in Lynwood WA.

Nick

"Tim Witort" wrote in message
.131...
D.Kreft seemed to utter in news:1182984580.103445.293880
@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

On Jun 27, 9:08 am, (Tim Witort) wrote:
I've had a Carver 2090i amp sitting on the shelf for a few
years after using it in a prior install. It performed very
well for me, so I'm putting it into a new install. I no longer
have the manual for it and can't find anything on the web
about the amp. I want to bridge it to drive a single driver
subwoofer, but there is no switch marked "BRIDGE". The
closest thing is a swtich marked MONO. And the four speaker
terminals have the positive from one channel circled and the
negative from the other channel circled. I would assume that
these are the terminals that will be driven when bridged.

Anyone familiar with Carver amps and if my above assumptions
are correct?

-- TRW
_______________________________________
t i m . w i t o r t
_______________________________________

I'd say your assessment is correct for this amp--that's a pretty
typical scheme for bridging two channels.

In the event paranoia overtakes you, you could always contact Carver
directly.

-dan

Thanks, Dan. Since Carver is somewhat defunct now, I'm not
sure where to direct a question like this. Do I send and email
to Sunfire.com? CarverPro.com? CarverUSA.com? Something else?

thanks,
-- TRW
t i m . w i t o r t