The Ghost

(zigoteau) wrote in
om:

snip.....ship

I hope my response didn't sound too disrespectful, but Bob was
complaining that my formula gave distortion figures which were too
high. My point was that the values plugged in to the formula
correspond to extremely high acoustic intensities, so large distortion
is not unreasonable.

snip.....snip

Thank you for pointing out the fact that Bob Cain used your formula to
predict the Doppler IM distortion levels that he provided. Knowing that
fact certainly clears up my confusion over Bob Cains ability to provide
seemingly correct distortion numbers and his total inability to present
either a sensible and coherent verbal or mathematical explanation of how
the distiotion numbers were calculated.