Mike Rivers

Default Recommend a ~$400 2-channel tube mic-preamp?

In article writes:

Yes, near the theoretical minimum. It's not wildly difficult to
achieve. In fact, "excellent specfications" in general are pretty
common any more. But virtually all micamps, like different
microphones, sound different. "Specs" and "sound" often do not
correlate.

/Chuckle mode ON

Since John didn't identify his company in his post, I'm waiting to see
if Mr. Powell replies with "You don't know anything about preamps or
marketing of professional audio gear."

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )