agent86

Default Recommend a ~$400 2-channel tube mic-preamp?

Powell wrote:

"hank alrich" wrote

Have you used an FMR RNP?

No, but I went to the web site and read about the product.
The manufacture states this about the RNP, "WHAT
SUCKS Now I will violate a very important marketing rule
by telling you what I think sucks about the RNP. Why?
Because nothing is perfect and compromises always
have to be made."... I have claimed nothing different.

After reading the product information it doesn’t appear
to be a good candidate for studio use. If used for this
purpose one would need a roll of duck tape to hold it
down in an equipment rack. Weak power supply. It also
only has three LED lights to represent the entire audio
spectrum, that not very useful.

Considering that the GML 8302/8304 have but a single LET per channel, your
logic would seem to indicate that the RNP must be 3 times as good as the
GML.