Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Default Is this really what you'd expect from an audio balun

On Mon, 6 May 2013 09:24:53 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I was going to get involved in this conversation, but have decided
not to. All I know is that the schematics don't make much sense
(primarily because there doesn't seem to be "proper" isolation
between the bal and the un).

Which was exactly why I posted the question. At the least, there
is a DC(/LF) path from one end to the other.

Which seems to kill the whole reason for baluns, does it not?

Nope, nothing to do with it - unless you require performance down to
DC, which of course audio doesn't.