Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Doug Sax on wire

Eeyore wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote
Ty Ford wrote:

Nope. There were three of us in Flite Three in Baltimore. We didn't begin
by looking for cable differences. Our interest was to find a cable that

would
cut the RF problem with the Gefell M71 mic.

What RF problem was that ?

Pin 1 isn't tied to the shield at the mike. It's just like the Neumann
products.... you need to use a cable with a jumper on the female side.

This is an advantage in that it allows you to use three-wire cables so
the ground return and the shield are separated. This is the real solution
to the pin 1 problem and can seriously help with RF issues.

However, it means you need to use different cables than you use with
other mikes. Except for Neumann mikes, which also do this. And some of
the Pearl mikes, but not all.