Tony F

I've nothing heard good things about Dayton's mobile line of subs as well.
Stick with a small, sealed box...whatever size Partsexpress recommends.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Duc" wrote in message
ups.com...
At home theater forums, pretty much any time that someone asks about a
good budget subwoofer, the Dayton 10" powered subwoofer from Parts
Express (
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=300-632
) is immediately suggested. This subwoofer is consistently praised for
sounding much better than its price would indicate. I have one myself
and it's great.

I'm looking for a car audio equivalent.

My Kenwood KAC-8401 is currently using 2 channels to power the front
speakers and I would like to bridge the other 2 channels for 1 180-watt
RMS channel (according to Kenwood specs) to power a subwoofer.

What subwoofer and what kind of box should I get? I don't want loud and
boomy. Tightness is very important to me.

Thanks for your help!