Jimmy Lee

Default Opinions on a digital audio workstation?

I am looking for opinions here. I am going to give up my complex Pro-Tools
system (wayyy to powerful and COMPLICATED for my needs) and go to an
all-in-one Digital Audio Workstation. I have narrowed it to the Yamaha
AW16G, the Yamaha AW4416, or the Roland VS-2400CD. Which of these do you
think is best and why if price is no option.

I want durability, ease of use - simplicity, and capability. I want simple,
yet powerful and effective. By the time I boot up Pro Tools, get everything
set, deal with the damn latency issues, upgrade the constantly changing
software, and overcome all the little glitches here and there, I am no
longer inspired to play!!!! And I am a degreed engineer. When I am an
engineer, I want to be an engineer. But when I want to play - damn it I want
to play!

The Yamahas seem to have effects that are assignable to each individual
channel. Nice. I cannot tell if the Roland does that or not. The Yamahas,
though, only have two XLR inputs with phantom, the Roland has 8. Big plus
when playing/miking a grand piano and recording two singers at once.

Opinions, please. Via email or posted here.

Thanks,

Jimmy Lee
www.cdbaby.com/jimmylee