Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default only one real issue I'm finding with monitor speaker setup versus car

When deciding how much reverb to add to a mix, I have a pretty simple technique:

1. Start out with no reverb.
2. Turn up the reverb until it sounds right.
3. Then turn it down 6dB from that point.

I won't say it works every time, but it works more often than not.

The idea is that your brain becomes acclimated to a given level of reverb quite quickly; the natural inclination in Step 2 is to add reverb until you can "hear it working". That's how we get so many mixes that sound like they were recorded in a cave.

This method is an attempt to work around the brain's tendency. Give it a try.

Peace,
Paul