Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default add RIAA to recorded turntable?

On 15/05/2017 12:49 p.m., wrote:
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:03:16 PM UTC-4, JBL wrote:
I have a Sansui 525 turntable and I am getting ready to record some
vinyl over to digital for a friend. Although I never thought about it,
I've come across some information suggesting that maybe I should be
applying RIAA eq to the audio? All I have at my disposal is the Sansui
and that is feeding a Zoom H2 digital recorder set at 24/96 as a wave
capture file. Whatever would have to be applied would have to be in
software after the fact. I have Magix and Adobe Audition at my disposal.

Thanks for any suggestions,
JBL

I THINK Audacity audio software offers common equalization curves.

Jack

,.... but does not address the gross impedance mismatch or very
low-level input signal and amplified quantisation noise when boosting in
(whatever) editor.

geoff