Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default 1st Project Lessons Learned--So Far

Jeff,
I do not consider myself a pro mixer, I do get paid sometimes but I do not earn my living from mixing so this is just MHO.

I analyzed the first 3 tracks only.

My humble opinion is everything sounds nice except that there is about 10 dB too much bass. I thought the dynamic range is good.

To make it sound right to me, I added a shelving EQ bass cut starting at 200 Hz and leveling off at -10 dB at 100Hz and down. In other words no change to everything above 200 Hz and a 10 dB cut to everything below 100 Hz.

That is just my humble opinion and I am curious to see what the more experienced folks have to say.

Mark