Posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion
mimus

Default I Want Control! Complete and Total Control!

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:09:06 +0000 (UTC), Steven Sullivan wrote:

In rec.audio.opinion mimus wrote:

I want a double- drawer- or- better *programmable* CD player, goddamit.

One which allows you to punch in, say, (some equivalent of) "-N" to mean
"play all tracks up to track N", and "N+" "play all tracks from N on", and
"M-N" "play tracks M to N", all in programming sequences like "-J M-N P-Q
S+" (across different disks as well, of course).

(And I don't even have the spirit to put individual track level and--
ooh-ooh-- track crossfade control on my wish list.)

You want to be streaming your music from a computer, then.
Your needs are easily met, using something like foobar2000
to play lossless files.

I take it you mean a system dedicated to being a player?

I wasn't even thinking about that route, but it's definitely an interesting
if (to me) bizarre thought; I would've thought that CD players would by
their very systemic dedication to their task would provide superior
fundamental performance.

OTOH, computers are computers, eh?

(I think Aratzio's trying to lead me down the same path.)

--

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

Big portal to underworld just over hill, next to poorhouse.

Laumer