Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Removing Vocals from a Song

And, as I said in the orginal post, there are analog and digital consumer
Pro Logic decoders. If I had nothing better to do with time, I'd pull out

my
Shure HTS 5300 and see how well it removes the center-front component of

stereo signal.

That's a very '80s method, Bill. You can do this in about 1/10th the time

in
a digital audio workstation. Why take a digital file and go through an
unnecessary D/A - A/D pass if you can do all of it in the digital domain?

I could just as well do it in the digital domain with with my Parasound C2
controller. I was simply pointing out that there's a lot of readily
available legacy equipment to do this.

I had a Lexicon CP-3 digital Dolby Pro Logic decoder I used for years, and

it
actually does have a coax digital S/PDIF input. That would do this

entirely
in the digital domain. But trust me, extracting the center-channel vocal
using the method I outlined before, with a plug-in, is infinitely faster

and
more effective.
I agree, 15 years ago, this was not the case.

If you've got the base software and the plug-in, go for it.