Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley Ben Bradley is offline

Default Which is more important in speaker cables - thickness or lenght?

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 07:46:45 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"DeeAa" wrote in message

On 5 huhti, 20:39, "Paul Stamler"
wrote:
First off, how much difference are we talking about
here? 5' vs 10'? 50' vs. 100'? There's a difference.

Peace,
Paul

Twice the length. No biggie...it was like I figured it
is. Thanks!

Which twice? twice 5' or twice 100'. Twice 100' will probably be audible.

And if it's a "guitar cable" used as a speaker cable, twice 5'
could be audible. The difference could become extremely audible at
high volume, where the current through the cable could cause the wire
to melt and open up, causing a drastic (!) drop in sound level.