Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

Default zxi3406 hifonics

bob wald wrote:
NOTHING.....Sherwoods xat line, their top stuff.
id say the best amps made in the 90s or b4.
even thouyjr black alphasoniks..i likedalot too.
though i meant. but the alphasoniks wwewnt 2ohmstable in the early 90s.
like the Sherwoods.

It is kind of ashame that they folded. In the 90s, one of my friends
ran a pair of Coustic 10s off of a Sherwood XAT-240Q (4 channel bridged
to 2) and those things pounded.

Prior to that, I think he had a 140 watt (SCA-2100... maybe...????), 2
channel Sherwood, but that amplifier had something wrong with it. It
was always heating up and shutting down at 4 ohms stereo. The shop he
purchased it from checked it out multiple times and they said nothing
was wrong. Go figure...