Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Need advice for a small room

"Robert Peirce" wrote in message

I am prepared to hear there are exceptions. For example, I have been
told the Steinway Lyngdorf S-series actually does this very well; I had
started to come to the conclusion it wouldn't. There are probably many
other small speakers of which I am unaware that also can serve my
purposes.

The key is very good sound everywhere at the expense of close to perfect
sound at one spot.

If and when I ever have to move to a smaller apartment, I would relish the
chance to experiment with multiple small computer speakers suspended from
the ceiling. I would be able to aim them any which way I want, reflect some
sound from front and side walls, establish a center channel with wide
dispersion, and have multiple surround speakers anywhere I want. The number
of these speakers would make up for any lack of power put out by each one,
and a subwoofer would take care of bass duties. All this while remaining
relatively invisible and needing no Wife Acceptance Factor.

Gary Eickmeier