Posted to rec.audio.pro
Andre

Default What would you do with Philips 22AH587

leutholl wrote:
Hi again,

The Philips are very old but are triamped. The Bass speaker is MFB (Motion
Feedback) I guess they have some sort of a piezo or coil to messure the
membrane movement, this will be feedbacked to the preamp to enhance the
impuls response - I guess!

These speakers date from the time it was still hard to design a
reasonably sized speaker that could reproduce anything below 80Hz
The term "impulse response" was not known at that time.
So the MFB was there to provide BOOM BOOM BOOM

And thats about the only quality.
At that time Philips lost every sence of marketing and brought this
enhanced consumer thing, stuffed with lots of knobs, graphs, metal-
frontplates to make it look Professional. It is in no way professional.

Andre

all-in-all, what would you do with them?
I think they were nice speakers for their age!

Thanks for any comment,

Lukas

Ebay them, there seem to be fans.