Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Clipping and tweeter damage a new twist

On 26/09/2018 10:17 PM, wrote:
geoff wrote: "
Yeah but at that point you didn't have a clue what the difference was
between a clipped waveform and a flat-topped envelope. And apparently
still don't.

geoff "

The difference between a waveform and envelope depends
on the level of magnification/how much zoomed in.

No it doesn't. Those factors only relate to what you are looking at ini
what detail. Flat envelope does NOT equate to clipping AT ALL.

R.A.P.
is the only place where folks nit-pick about that distinction. I
can use either term waveform or envelope on any forum and
most participants get what I mean.

In which case they are as ignorant as you.

And people like you still condone clipping and peak limiting
anyway, so I'm just talking to the walls around here.

**** you too arsehole. Wall proably have a higher IQ than you.

FWIW I loathe over-compression, and clipping is a totally no-no. And
peak-limiting is something totally different again.

geoff