Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tim Sprout[_2_] Tim Sprout[_2_] is offline

Default Getting more punch from heavily distorted guitars?

On 1/30/2018 3:58 PM, wrote:

You don't have to use amp sims any more, at least not with VST. There is
a free convolution VST - PULSE by Rosen Digital Audio - and you load
up an impulse response of your favorite amp and go.

I bought a Kemper Profiler which "profiles" the sound coming from a mic in front of an amp. They are REALLY, REALLY accurate. There are tons of A?B comparisons to judge for yourself. It ain't cheap at $1700, but I haven't mic'ed an AMP since it arrived last spring. Many of the Michael Britt profiles are free with it...Stunning. And it had bass amp profiles, and dozens of pedals, CRAZY. Where it departs from amp sims are in the clean sounds. They have the depth and chime of real amps. The sounds are taken from real amps/

I assume the original DI guitar amp output track is colored somewhat and may need EQ-ing before going into the Kemper Profiler?

Tim Sprout