Posted to aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
roughplanet roughplanet is offline

Default Tube/Valve Amp Noise (attention Alan and Iain)

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

I never read what Trevor says about ME amps or the way transistors are
matched because its all empty sales talk and utter BS.

**Read the above very carefully. THIS is exactly what I am talking about.
Every tech on the planet claims to know more about ME amplifiers than
Peter Stein does. They WILL NOT fit critically matched devices, even when
specifically instructed to do so. They will always take the easy (cheap)
way out. As a consequence, the performance and reliability of the product
will suffer. I know. I've seen the messes that have been created by second
rate techs, who think they know it all.

All the schematics in the world will not help, as long as techs think they
know more than Peter does about his own product.

I know, from my own experience, that some high Global NFB products benefit
from the use of matched devices. In a product with no Global NFB, the
importance of matching becomes far more crucial.

Gawd TW, You have dug yourself a hole so deep that you will never get out of
it now, no matter what.

Why not go away & have a good think about the logic, or rather, the lack of
it in what you have said, and then come back & TELL THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE
TRUTH & ONLY THE TRUTH to the other members of this group.

You will gain at least some respect; more than if you just keep banging away
at the same old gong, which is now badly dented & in need of replacing.

ruff