Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Kaie Fabiaen Kaie Fabiaen is offline

Default Amar Bose dead at 83

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:48:34 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

...wow..they must of went down hill later, all the ones I dealt with
(EAST COAST US) held up real fine except for the LED boards.

Then there was the PM2 powered mixer - wot a heap.

U got that right. POS with a capital P. Bose paid me night and
day to run all over town to fix those suckers. ka-ching$. Not only
did the 'power' section suck, but the mixer section was so lame,
it sold only on the name. Owners cursed the day they bought them.

Bose also made a "PA" version of the 901, that if you stacked enough
of them on each side, it sounded less then ****, more like just puke.

Alembic tried to sue them over the 'stacks of speakers' concept, and
IMMSMW, they settled out of court. The Bose system was never at the
Alembic level. Ya still see around here those Bose PA cabs..unused.

I still think the new Bose 'POLES' suck and blow.. Folks buy them..

JJTj

* SENT FROM CELL MAKNAMB DOCK9# ZPLIJ^*L7MjUi(**HM *
* DATE REPLY MODEFINE GIGANEWS 398699^%-JIKBFVD-N7^%TGGII6*